Head of Publishing Operations, APAC
Job Id: REQ-0004653
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends, Wild Rift, VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
With our goal to be the most player-focused company in the world, the Singapore Publishing hub works closely with Riot’s various Game teams, Esports teams, Entertainment and Enterprise teams to deliver unrivaled hyperlocal experiences across Riot products for our players across the globe.
The Singapore Publishing hub oversees key markets across the APAC region, including Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan and India. As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience.
That's where you come in.
As the Head of Publishing Operations, APAC, you will manage a cross-functional team that connects and amplifies the efforts of all publishing teams in APAC. You’ll report to the Managing Director of APAC Publishing, and directly support the APAC Leadership team, advising and mobilizing strategy and operations across multiple dimensions. Primarily, you’ll manage our strategic advisory, insights (analytics & research), and development management functions for APAC. Your broad strategic and operational skills and highly collaborative mindset will ensure robust and comprehensive decision making across all of APAC. This is a high growth and impact role, with immediate responsibilities across all of our player facing touchpoints in APAC.
The Regional APAC team is headquartered in Singapore and covers the markets of South East Asia, South Asia, Japan and Taiwan. This role sits within the Singapore headquarters, but supports all Rioters in our various APAC regional offices. The Regional APAC team is a tightly knit group of Rioters from diverse backgrounds, who are trying to ensure that Riot’s products and services are designed with the APAC player in mind. We want our games and entertainment experiences to feel like they were made for us.
Strategic Advisory & Strategic Project Management
- Serve as a strategic consultant and trusted advisor for APAC publishing leadership
- Identify and structure complex problems, developing frameworks that guide senior publishing leadership through ambiguous problem spaces
- Design and lead rigorous qualitative and quantitative analyses to drive towards strategic recommendations
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate findings and recommendations to APAC publishing leadership as well as global publishing leadership
Insights, Analytics & Research
- Lead a team that builds foundational market research and data analytics for APAC publishing
- Build a holistic understanding of our players, our game health and our business
- Assess performance of Riot’s publishing activities by measuring and analyzing holistic measures of impact and interpreting outputs from other teams
- Prepare ad-hoc and recurring reports that help inform decisions, with a bias for action
Development & Project Management
- Lead a team that defines how we work and the various rituals that APAC publishing adopts
- Train and educate APAC teams on the usage of Agile and other similar frameworks for marketing and publishing purposes
- Inculcate regular rituals and procedures that help promote cross-functional learning, agility and experimentation, and knowledge sharing
Team Management & Leadership
- Manage a direct team of business strategists, insights analysts & researchers, along with project/development managers
- Lead and oversee the vision for the publishing operations department within APAC, inclusive of defining new areas of focus and responsibility
- 8+ years experience (or 6+ years with an advanced degree) in strategic advisory, management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate operations, development management or similar roles
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience leading strategic projects in the tech/media/telecom industry
- Experience leading operating model initiatives for a large, complex organization
- Experience directly advising senior executives (directors and VP+)
- Experience working closely with global teams across diverse cultures
- Experience leading strategic projects in the video game industry
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Agile certifications or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Mandarin or a Asian language (e.g. Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa, Japanese etc.)
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.