Senior Live Ops Producer - Infrastructure Platform, Esports
Job Id: REQ-0004641
Live Operations consists of Rioters distributed globally providing 24/7 coverage in areas, such as the Network Operations Center, Live Production, Release Management and Live Services Data. Running a game as a service means making an implicit promise that you can play whenever you want to. We believe in rapid responses and clear communications, whether the issue stems from our own systems or not. We know exactly how much it sucks when a plan to play with friends is ruined by an outage, so we're overzealous about finding, anticipating, and eliminating player pain as fast as possible.
As a Live Ops Producer on Riot's Live Operations Team, you will directly help ensure Riot's games and services are delivered across the globe. Live Production at Riot is a consultative role where you will demonstrate your ability to create a strategic impact and manage service delivery capabilities in an operations environment. You will partner with product managers, delivery managers and other technical leaders across Riot to provide a healthy live service. You will find creative new ways to handle incidents, problems and changes to both protect players from outages but also allow engineers to do what they do best and provide players with new content and features.
- You will identify gaps in our service management suite and recommend projects to collectively improve technical operations at Riot
- Build business relationships with partners and customers
- Engage with product teams to review their live service and provide consultation on how they can maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Develop, track and report on the deliverables of the live environment to the stakeholders of your embedded product
- You will participate in on-call escalations and guide NOC and engineers to restore services to players
- You will report to the leadership of your primary product customer and the Manager of Live Ops Production
- Experience implementing or refining ITIL/DevOps practices and procedures in a SaaS environment
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through compelling communications, demonstrating operational excellence, empathetic partnership and leading with domain expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills especially within technical space.
- Effectively present and share information across many technical fields and senior members of the organization
- 2+ years experience running and delivering services in a live environment
- Successful history in project management and prioritization frameworks for both people and systems
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.