Game Designer II, Maps and Modes - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0004684
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to create and iterate player-focused designs that will delight millions around the world.
As a Game Designer II, you partner with other designers, artists, and engineers to improve and iterate player-focused designs that aim at delivering a groundbreaking experience. We are still a small team, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, and tuning systems/mechanics. You are comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big and small, is an essential part of the process. You will report to the Design Director.
- Own the creation and development of new levels and game modes
- Design systems that surprise and delight cooperative, competitive, and progression needs for players
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces and opportunities within the genre
- Rapidly add content, identify novel solutions, and prove out ideas
- Leverage existing prototype tools to create value, and identify how we can extend these tools going into the future
- Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers
- 3+ years of experience in professional game design experience, with at least 2 years in environment or game mode design
- Experience creating and extending complex systems through the addition of content and tuning with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Substantial proficiency at implementing with tools (ex., scripting, Unreal visual editor, blockbuilder)
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with early stage games and prototyping
- Experience working on a PvP games
- Deep understanding of the League of Legends universe and IP
- Experience working inside a small team
- Comfortable with intrinsic characteristics of early R&D
- Experience with and interest working in the genre
- Deep knowledge in social and mobile gaming spaces
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).