Senior Manager, Business Strategy - Office of Games COO
Job Id: REQ-0004803
The Office of Games COO is the execution arm for the Games COO of Riot Games. Our mission is to amplify the impact of the Games Pillar Leadership Team by being a partner, facilitator, and executor. We're accountable for the following: incubating internal strategic capabilities, managing the Games COO presence, operating Games rhythms of business, performing special projects, and supporting the Games Pillar Leadership Team.
As the Senior Manager of Business Strategy in the Office of the Games COO, you’ll report to the Games Pillar Operations Strategy Director. You will directly support the Games COO and Games Pillar leadership, advising and mobilizing strategy across multiple dimensions, such as developing the strategy to effectively acquire and retain the talent we need to reach our objectives and helping to form our global development studio strategy. Your broad strategic skill set and highly collaborative mindset will ensure robust and cohesive decision-making across Games.
- Identify and present complex problems, developing frameworks that guide senior games leadership through ambiguous problem spaces
- Design and lead rigorous qualitative and quantitative analyses to drive towards strategic recommendations
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate findings and recommendations to senior Games leadership
- Ensure that GP Operations overall strategy is data-informed, customer-focused, effective, and assessable via effective metrics or evaluations
- Set standards of OKRs and KPIs across Games Pillar Operations
- Drive and deliver cross functional strategy projects related to games pillar operations priorities (e.g.,. scaling talent through M&A, co-dev, partnerships, studio expansions)
- Grow and directly manage a team of business strategists
- Serve as a strategy mentor and team leader across GP Operations Strategy
- Build a community of practice and ensure embedded GP Operations SA Rioters feel and are supported in their career, with the necessary tooling, processes and mentoring they need
- Build sustainable work intake system that leads to high team morale and output
- 8+ years experience (or 6+ years with an advanced degree) in strategic advisory, management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar roles
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience leading strategic projects in the tech industry
- Experience leading operating model initiatives for a large, complex organization
- Experience directly advising senior executives (VP+)
- Experience working closely with global teams across diverse cultures
- Experience leading strategic projects in the video game industry
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).