Staff Data Scientist - Riot Data Products, AI Accelerator
Job Id: REQ-0004821
The AI Accelerator performs applied research to accelerate the pace of building AI enabled applications for our game teams and to establish AI as a core capability at Riot.
In this role, you will lead the engagement with an R&D game team to develop AI agents that can play the game at a high skill level. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of the agent as well as any infrastructure required to train the agent or integrate the agent into features required by the game teams.
- Propose, implement, and evaluate algorithms that can play games at a high skill level
- Work with game teams to propose, define, and develop AI enabled features (e.g. metagame analysis, player coaching, play vs AI)
- Integrate game servers into research & training infrastructure
- Develop and optimize a distributed training infrastructure including algorithms, hyperparameters, CPU, memory, and I/O
- Inform and manage stakeholders on game teams
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 6+ years relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years experience in deep learning
- 2+ years experience in reinforcement learning
- Game theory fundamentals
- Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Familiarity with GCP or AWS
- Ability to read research papers and implement similar ideas
- Kubernetes, Docker, Databricks, SQL, Redis
- Distributed computing systems design
- C++, Unreal Engine
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).