Research Manager - Entertainment
Job Id: REQ-0004863
As a Research Manager, reporting to the Senior Director, Insights, you'll join the Insights team – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and building analyses that allow Rioters to make difficult decisions. You'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, producers, writers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses to inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your understanding of data will ensure that you're an advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
We are looking for a senior level researcher who can develop a best in class product testing pipeline and team for a variety of product types including film and TV, games, music, and consumer products. You will partner with creative leadership to understand how testing can help achieve more resonant products and experiences to our audiences. You will apply a rigorous and innovative lens throughout the product development life cycle to best understand why we test our products, when we test products, and how we test those products. This role is important for Entertainment products to better understand audience tastes and how to create resonant products.
- Facilitate primary research studies end-to-end; must be comfortable with questionnaire development, survey programming, data collection, and reporting and generating insights based on both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Create and coordinate a testing pipeline across Riot Entertainment products including: Film & TV products (content/pilot testing, concept testing), games (play tests), music, consumer products
- Source and manage vendors for testing across audiences and worldwide markets
- Provide applicable recommendations to product owners and creative leads in clear, illustrative presentations
- Maintain a database of results; partner with other researchers to create insights about what aspects of products resonate with Riot players
- Manage/mentor other researchers
- Education background in ONE of the following categories:
- Advanced degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Human Factors or a related discipline plus at least 5 years of relevant research experience
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline plus at least 7 years of relevant research experience
- Advanced survey craft
- Experience with play testing or audience product testing
- High degree of comfort in ambiguous spaces
- Strong management and collaborative skills
- Experience engaging at the business and corporate strategy level
- Market Research experience
- Experience with Entertainment products (Film & TV, Music, Consumer Products)
- Vendor management experience
- Familiar with the League IP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.