Director, Software Engineering - League, Around Game
Job Id: REQ-0004898
As the Director of Software Engineering for the League of Legends Around Game Initiative, you will lead an engineering organization that builds and ships products which engage, retain, and revive players while helping them discover and acquire content. A few of such products include League Store, Loot, Event Missions & Passes, Clash tournaments, and multiple player progression features such as Challenges, Eternals, and Champ Mastery.
You will shape the technical vision and drive the execution of the team's roadmap in partnership with other engineering leaders while working with cross functional roles in product management and design. You will strengthen the engineering culture in the organization and support the managers and engineers, working with them on growing their skills and helping them reach their career goals.
You will report to the League of Legends Product Engineering Lead.
- Develop an organizational structure, in partnership with product and technical leadership, to accomplish the priorities of the teams and, the broader, League PC studio
- Hiring exceptional talent
- Cultivate a learning organization, biased towards delighting players
- Engage product leadership ensuring the roadmap evolves and shapes our technical systems, without compromising sustainability and stability while delivering exciting and engaging player experiences and capabilities.
- Collaborate with the technical leadership on teams to establish a multi-year technical vision
- Communicate progress on active projects to the organization, cross-discipline leadership team, partner teams, and stakeholders, highlighting risks, mitigations, and asks.
- Establish relationships with vendors to augment the velocity of teams.
- Ensure your teams are reviewing and maintaining the necessary security audits and compliance for the systems they own.
- Work with engineering leads across League PC studio and Riot to align and champion excellent technical practices using best in class technology standards
- Work cross-functionally on and with distributed teams
- 10+ years of overall engineering experience, 4+ years of experience in people management, 2+ yrs managing managers
- Demonstrated experience leading software engineering teams including mentoring and growing individuals into senior engineering and management roles.
- Experience leading and delivering complex technical projects
- Experience building and operating multi-stack production applications with expertise in one of services or front-end tech stacks
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Experience in multiple tech domains including services, front-end, game, and tools.
- Experience running games-as-a-service