Senior Esports Product Expert (Business Development) - APAC
Job Id: REQ-0004909
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends, Wild Rift, VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
With our goal to be the most player-focused company in the world, the Singapore Publishing hub works closely with Riot’s various Game teams, Esports teams, Entertainment and Enterprise teams to deliver unrivaled hyperlocal experiences across Riot products for our players across the globe.
The Singapore Publishing hub oversees key markets across the APAC region, including Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan and India. As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience.
That's where you come in.
As the Senior Esports Product Expert (Business Development), APAC, you’ll have the opportunity to develop Riot’s Esports Business Ecosystem, defining business solutions that improve fan and player engagement. With a strong understanding of Riot Esports, you will support the business development sales cycle from qualifying leads to driving strategic analyses of diverse problems, incubating and driving special projects, achieving operational excellence, and leading the implementation of strategic Esports partnerships.
Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, business development skills, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards in amateur and professional esports. You will help negotiate, structure and execute commercial agreements and contracts with key partners to grow our esports business. To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans, and esports organizations, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from our local publishing, entertainment, production, broadcast, league management, and operations to the Global Esports team in Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development (APAC) and with a dotted line report to the Head of Esports Business Development at HQ, you will be a trusted adviser, providing counsel and serving as a sounding board to inform and, if necessary, challenge decisions; applying both inside and outside perspectives. You will work closely across Riot teams, particularly cross pillar, to coordinate the execution of key partnerships. The ideal candidate has experience leading business case development, project management skills, and the ability to partner with diverse stakeholders.
Based in Singapore, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games APAC is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Lead a multifaceted and diverse Esports BD team
- Work with internal stakeholders and central Esports teams to craft our esports BD strategy and approach
- Develop sponsorship proposals in alignment with sponsorship strategies
- Work with the APAC Esports team to help articulate commercial terms with tournament organizers, broadcast partners and Esport teams to drive the growth of Riot's Esports
- Identify and evaluate appropriate partnering opportunities for Riot's Esports business, conduct due diligence, and make recommendations (including strategic rationale, valuation, and risks) in coordination with local and international esports, publishing, creative and community teams
- Innovate and create Esports products that resonate with external business partners, players and fans
- Provide clear reporting to Riot and external stakeholders on the success of our partner programs feeding insights back into the team to level up the next deal
- Collaborate with the Esports Operations and Marketing teams to increase the value of esports broadcasts across APAC
- Manage the full cycle of sponsorship management which includes but is not limited to establishing sponsorship programs and rights and preparing ROI reports
- Conduct Esports sponsorship market trend analysis using the latest data to draw meaningful insights and support in Esports business development strategy development
- Cultivate lasting and trustworthy relationships with sales and marketing agencies to facilitate business development operations through effective stakeholder management
- Act as the primary point of strategic contact for Riot’s Esports business development in APAC
- Collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders such as marketing, publishing, legal, and finance teams to ensure all deals are in compliance with Riot’s internal regulations and strategy
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators from diverse disciplines, such as product, marketers, legal, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build and manage strong relationships with the team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate impactful insights
- Ability to structure & deal with ambiguous problem statements, being able to drive clarity in unclear scenarios
- Passion to lead and develop people
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present compelling messages to executive management, clients, peers and team members
- Have a growth mindset, and are a self-starter motivated to optimize processes
- Experience working in small, nimble and high growth businesses
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.