Esports Production Manager II - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0004968
The Esports Production Manager II will report to the Line Producer and is accountable for all front of house show logistics: all tasks related to ticketing, suites, fan activations as well as sponsor and pro team activations, and VIP on-site needs. They will align with the Sr Manager & Line Producer to own specific line items of the budget, and will be expected to autonomously make decisions around how to spend it. They will need to be able to autonomously balance the needs of Rioters, vendors, pros, and VIPs while keeping Riot relationships in mind, and generally be able to think of ways to refine our processes to make them more resource efficient.
- Managing budgets in the 6 figure range. Should be able to make autonomous calls for their line items. Responsible for tracking costs for their budget against overall event P&L. Will work with Sr Event Manager and have collaborative decision making in securing hotel deals, setting and enforcing the travel policy. Plans for events by sourcing vendors and reviewing existing vendors and contracts. Work with Sr Event Manager on which vendors we use to fulfill logistical needs, related to hotels, flight restrictions, VISAs, transportation, F&B and facilitate the vendor contracting process through Riot channels.
- Supervise event production/logistics coordinators, (contractors) hired during event spikes -- office work leading up to the event. On-site supervision of contract coordinators and vendor staff.
- Collaborate with Riot Mobility in understanding and delivering VISA needs for Riot staff, Pro-Players and VIP’s.
- Ticketing plan and management with Riot teams. Have clarity around the hosting country/cities rules and regulations for ticket creation and distribution.
- Collaborate with Riot Travel for hotel surveys, procurement and execution.
- Works on all FOH (Front of House) facing parts of the assigned events. Merchandise, audience load-in, audience load-out, some activations (indoor and out), concessions, facilities, etc
- Supervise on-site relevant vendor contractors during on-site event, prep and up to actual event days: security, ushers, caterers
- Emergency Management Responsible: Prepare contingency plans in emergency show situations and the resolution of on-site issues by working with the appropriate parties to facilitate a resolution.
- Future planning: Proactively research and procure deals that reduce costs of event logistics holistically, working with the Riot travel team and production partners.
- Post event budget actualization with the Line Producer with detailed accuracy of reporting, including but not limited to hotel, airfare, food and beverage and relevant travel costs.
- Assist with health and safety planning for the event, both developing and executing health and safety protocols for the event as they apply to each city we operate in.
- Live event experience supervising multiple teams in multiple roles (talent, ushers, security, swag).
- Communication skills between multiple team members around the world is a key component of this job. Must be clear and concise. Some delegation will also benefit from a clear communicator.
- Attention to detail, cost tracking and budget consciousness are a must
- 3+ years work experience as a leader in event logistics
- Experience creating tools, developing timelines
- Experience with budget management tools
- Experience building templates in excel, google sheets, or Airtable/Smartsheets/similar
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.