Sr Manager, Production - TFT, Shanghai Game Studio
Job Id: REQ-0005046
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Production Lead within the Riot Shanghai Studio supporting Team Fight Tactics (TFT), you'll lead the production efforts in the concept, delivery, and evolution of key game experiences. This includes developing and executing the operational strategy of key TFT features, driving the “how” of the work that happens on its various teams. Collaborating with engineers, artists, game designers, and other producers, you'll create a clear vision of the new TFT feature experiences, oversee development across multiple teams, and guide them through obstacles. You will cultivate a high performing and inclusive culture so that all game developers are empowered to do their best work. You'll do all of this in service to delivering the best possible gameplay experience to Riot players around the world.
- Accountable for developing and executing the operational strategy of TFT’s feature development in China
- Help develop the work systems used throughout the business unit, including how teams are structured, whether and how they report status back to the business unit, and how multi-team work is coordinated
- Develop accountability rituals wherein teams review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
- Develop a comprehensive product strategy for the game that will drive Teamfight Tactics towards being the world’s most played strategy game.
- Determine product success metrics and analyze player data, sentiment, and opportunity to determine where the team should focus.
- Maintaining efficient work practices like owning JIRA and performing scrum management.
- Develop systems to ensure problems with delivery are regularly and quickly diagnosed and addressed
- Ensure stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on what’s going on in terms of what commitments have been made and how the delivery is going
- Inform the other members of the leadership team in choosing how to grow and allocate the workforce of the business unit
- 8+ years of experience in game production roles focused on product management
- 3+ years of experience as a direct manager for production staff
- Business Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English
- Capability to develop measurable business outcomes and product strategy
- Relationship management, project management, and collaboration capability
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry
- Genre affinity for, and deep knowledge of, competitive strategy games
- Familiarity with production process (agile, scrum, waterfall) and tools (Jira, structure, Airtable)
- Experience playing Teamfight Tactics and other titles in the autobattler genre, with a deep understanding of the mode and associated systems
- Demonstrated experience taking a holistic systems thinking view of the product development life-cycle and adapting processes accordingly.
- Experience and passion for mobile-first design paradigms and UX principles
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).