Broadcast Engineer III
Job Id: REQ-0005221
The Broadcast Engineer III role is experienced in developing and supporting large-scale broadcast systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready broadcast architecture. This role acts as an engineering project lead tackling the design and deployment of cutting-edge systems to support our numerous esports broadcasts.
This position works closely with regional live production teams as well as our global esports partners to support both on-site, remote, and international event productions.
We are currently seeking engineering talent experienced building out and supporting studio, transmission, and IP workflows with a passion for pushing the technical boundaries of traditional sports broadcasting to captivate and inspire esports fans worldwide.
You will be a part of the Esports Live Production team and report directly to the Sr Broadcast Engineering manager.
As part of your role you will travel approximately 30 days per year on the road for roadshows, training, trade shows.
- Act as a technical and project lead for studio/remote shows infrastructure and support other broadcast engineers on technical implementation and delivery of complex projects
- Meter, measure, and manipulate audio, video, and control signals using broadcast instruments and measurement tools to ensure desired outcome
- Contribute to the design and deployment of infrastructure architecture
- Evaluation of new technology and industry trends
- Works collaboratively with teams and customers to accomplish deliverables
- Work varied schedules, nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- 8+ years of Live broadcast production experience and/or an advanced degree
- Extensive knowledge of switchers, audio boards, post-production, ingest, playback, and transmission systems
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair complex electronic, computer-based, optical, and mechanical broadcasting systems
- Strong understanding of video/audio encoding and distribution over LAN/WAN; i.e. formats, protocols, and best practices
- Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools, and methods related to production, broadcast, and post-production
- Reduces ambiguity in a complex and diverse problem space through technical discovery, R&D, and documentation
- Experience following engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, standards implementation, automation reviews, tools improvements, source control management, and testing
- Ability to act as a technical project manager
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple on-going projects
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills under pressure
- Ability to analyze problems across a variety of facets to design holistic solutions
- Experience working on a team developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!