Director - Global Localization Operations
Job Id: REQ-0005287
Director - Global Localization Operations
Our Publishing Strategy and Operations team provides overarching strategic and operational support to Publishing teams and live operational support for players around the world. This team works in close collaboration across Games, Entertainment, Enterprise and Esports pillars to enhance the player experience.
Localization's vision is to be the industry-leading force behind the most authentic and culturally resonant global entertainment.
Reporting to the Head of Global Localization, you will be a key team member in setting the vision and defining the operational strategy, establishing a world-class partner management program, and ensuring that international audiences enjoy culturally-authentic localized experiences. You will lead a globally distributed team responsible for managing a dynamic content pipeline spanning Interactive products, Entertainment media, and Esports.
- Lead Partner Management, Operations, and Language Management localization functions
- Facilitate global alignment and collaboration across 9 regional offices and multiple global teams
- Articulate strategy and operationalize across defined ownership spaces
- Applying insights and data, identify strategic opportunities, trade-offs and drive solutions
- Focus on identifying and implementing scalable solutions and global standardization without compromising on quality
- Define success criteria at organizational and leadership levels within your organization
- Manage financial planning and forecasting for vendor-facing and internal costs
- Represent Localization in meetings with senior team members within International and other Publishing branches
- Contribute to the development and lead implementation of global operating standards to build consistency, vendor interoperability, and emphasis on quality into Localization delivery
- Be the craft lead across Partner management, Operations, and Language management functions
- Track and act on in-depth Localization related objectives or trends and ensure stakeholder alignment both internally and externally
- Build an inspired organization by hiring talent and facilitating the team's professional growth
- Instill a one-team mindset & drive collaboration across geographies & functions
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role, 5+ years managing leaders
- 7+ years of experience in localization operations, vendor management or LQA domains
- Experience managing global organizations with hybrid internal and external teams
- Experience leading large collaborative teams with multiple levels of leaders as direct reports
- Experienced in presenting to executive-level audiences, creating engaging presentations, and highlighting relevant strategic insights
- Multi-faceted exposure to the Localization process, latest trends, and technologies
- Experience developing strategic plans, operating standards, risk analysis, change management programs
- Demonstrated experience leading culturally diverse teams across geographies
- Knowledge of gaming industry ecosystem
- Well versed in sourcing and finalizing agreements with vendors
- Customer empathy and an understanding of the value of services delivered
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.