Senior Internal Communications Strategist, Asia
Job Id: REQ-0005326
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Internal Communications endeavors to shape the narrative around all products in Asia by creating communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot's playful, informal, and passionate culture. We aim to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We love games and how they intersect with media, such as TV, music, consumer products, and esports.
As an Senior Internal Communications Strategist for Asia, reporting to the Head of Asia Enterprise, you'll help the Riot Asia team stay informed about what's happening in and around the world at Riot Games, while letting global know what is happening across Asia. Our Asia region includes Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, and other Southeast Asian countries that we’re currently expanding to.
You'll work with our Senior Leadership Team to develop internal communications plans for Enterprise, Games, Publishing, and Esports, including support for priority programs, changes, or milestone cultural moments. You'll set the bar for how we communicate, and specifically help level up our leaders through speech, script writing, and presentations. You'll partner and work with teams on multiple projects to promote agreement, collaboration, and results. You'll know and understand what's happening across the org, and surface stories that matter to the company, the Asia region, and Riot's culture. You'll work as a trusted partner to other global communications teams across Riot as well.
- Develop Asia internal communication plans and strategies for Enterprise, and support other pillars to balance and address both our Rioter needs and business goals, and synchronize messaging beats for maximum impact across all our internal channels
- Create and manage an internal editorial calendar and newsletter to organize the rhythm of employee communications
- Support the Asia core executive leadership team across many internal communications - set the communications strategy, create messaging, executive scripting, and deck building, develop narratives to support company-wide and department meetings and presentations
- Produce a wide range of compelling content to support employee communications, including talking points, email drafts, decks, slides, video, and surveys
- Partner with Riot's global Internal Comms team on comms and experiential projects, working across parts of Riot to promote agreement, collaboration, and results
- Identify and work on areas of opportunity where communication tools, messaging, frameworks, or channels can be improved, or new mechanisms implemented
- Keep a finger on the pulse of Riot Games surfacing stories and campaigns that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know
- Partner with pillar leaders and People team on any change management plans and crisis communications
- 8+ years of experience working within the communications space serving all audiences, supporting a variety of partners and executive level leaders
- 5+ years of message, script, and speech crafting experience with building presentations for executive level leaders
- Broad comms toolkit that you use to master any communication task at hand
- Experience exercising great discretion as it relates to confidential information
- Understanding of current trends in the internal comms space, with the experience to back it up
- Experience being at the table with the senior-most leaders of a company and not backing down
- Conversational in and passionate about gaming with awareness of trends in gaming, esports, entertainment, and tech where Riot should be a part of the conversation
- You are a master deck builder, knowing how images, GIFs, videos, and other visually compelling content can enhance a message to another level
- Fluent and strong commandment of the English spoken and written language
- Experience directing or working with a production team to direct executives for VODs or company All Hands or conferences
- Experience with a variety of gaming, esports, entertainment or tech communities and companies
- Experience writing outside your voice—you can capture a leader's essence and style with relatively little hand holding
- Proficiency in another Asian language, such as Chinese Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Tagalog, or Bahasa, is a plus
- Passion for gaming and empathy for the player and fan experience is a huge plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.