Manager, Release Management, Wild Rift
Job Id: REQ-0006864
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Manager, Release Management on Wild Rift you will report to the Operations Director on the Operations team. You will manage the release process and deploy Wild Rift across the globe. You will be involved with improving the Wild Rift delivery pipeline with a continuous delivery mindset, using both process and technology at your disposal. You understand what fuels games as a live service and have a passion to improve the experience for internal developers getting content out the door, and more importantly, the players. You're a communication expert able to create efficient and clear messages to any size group or situation. You'll wrangle processes and organize teams to keep momentum building, promoting teamwork and continuous improvement across the organization.
You will be based in Shanghai, China.
- Create and drive high level Release strategy behind Wild Rift
- Work with leadership across your Product’s organization to drive strategic initiatives aimed at building both the best tech and process required so that we can deliver Wild Rift seamlessly to our players
- Accountable for managing the Release team’s day to day operations including team health, strategy, and execution
- Promote and spread the release culture and continuous improvement mindset throughout the entire organization
- Bridge the gap between development and operations by facilitating discussions and making decisions that improve the live service and our players
- Present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and members of the organization
- Engage with product teams to review their product release protocols and provide consultation on how we can prevent and reduce player pain
- Improve upon the deployment and release process across Wild Rift. Analyzing data and trends, you will work with teams to accomplish major goals on both strategic and tactical levels
- Work with all partners across Riot to establish best practices and Service level agreements for the live operation of our game
- Be able to operate the Wild Rift release and deployment process as needed, managing the pipeline to ensure that we are delivering the best global player experience
- Coach and mentor Release Manager direct reports; providing support to grow their skills and creating a path for career progression
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with mobile app store submissions
- Experience releasing and operating software as a service
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with Agile teams and the software development lifecycle
- Experience developing operational processes from the ground up
- At least 1 year experience managing a small sized team of 2-8 individuals
- Fluency in English and mandarin
- Experience with DevOps, Infrastructure Operations or SRE
- Experience releasing systems/services that operate at global scale
- Experience releasing and operating games as a service
For this role, you will find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming