Researcher II - Global Esports
Job Id: REQ-0003150
As a Researcher, you'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers) to conduct studies and analyses to inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your understanding of data will ensure that you're an advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
The Esports team is focusing on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global events, and the continued development of our digital products. As a researcher on this team, you will report to the lead researcher on the esports team and help identify and work on research opportunities to support the best global fan experiences. You will work with the leadership of Esports to help inform strategy for our Esports products across the digital space, events, and content. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with your team to help establish research needs and produce the appropriate studies to meet those needs
- Support the design and analysis of our global events and business health
- Manage vendors to expand upon the capabilities and deliverables of our research
- Implement research studies including surveys, labs, and focus groups
- Analyze and frame data into digestible frameworks and reports, delivering insights that focus on not just the "what", but the "so what" and the "now what"
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing or a related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Experience working with leadership and external partners to design research studies from RFP through project completion
- Professional experience in survey craft and lab design
- Proficiency in data capture and analysis software (Qualtrics, Sawtooth, SPSS, R, Excel - can perform complex functions)
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Previous research experience in the video game or entertainment industry
- Experience with advanced research skills, e.g. conjoint analysis
- Experience building international research projects
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).