Job Id: REQ-0003422
The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to constantly provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot's company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what's "best for us" always begins with thinking about what's "best for players." Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players' interests in mind.
As Counsel (Employment), reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you'll support the employment law team on all areas of employment law, from litigation support to advice and counsel for the business. You'll help the team keep its finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape, and help Riot navigate any potential landmines across many of Riot's jurisdictions.
- Provide support to all aspects of employment-related litigation, including gathering documents, helping with witness, drafting litigation holds, and general discovery assistance
- Help implement and support a new litigation hold dashboard, eDiscovery process, and document management system for attorney work product (for all litigations, not just employment). This would include helping draft policies and best practices for IT to encourage on/off-boarding of tech
- Partner with Payroll/Finance, Benefits, and Compliance on multiple wage and hour issues, leaves and ADA questions, and other employment-related questions
- Help with Riot's annual DFEH/EEO report process, OHSA, and other compliance measures
- Help with Riot's COVID response, remote work, and business continuity plans
- Provide general support to Riot's employment law team on multiple matters related to company policies, company trainings, recruiting practices, compensation practices, contingent workforce, and other employee relations matters
- Contribute as a generalist on non-employment related legal matters, including commercial agreements and tech transactions, and other non-employment related litigation
- J.D. from a U.S. law school and member of the California bar
- 2+ years of experience working on employment litigation and counseling matters at a premier law firm or employment practice
- Experience handling cases
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, collaborative spirit and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.