Senior Quality Analyst - League of Legends
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing more than 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. On top of this, we’re currently building teams for Project A, a character-based tactical shooter, and Project L, our take on the fighting game genre.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams. The Hong Kong Studio is looking for talented, passionate people across all aspects of game development to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
We focus on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games. This means less emphasis on titles and hierarchy and more emphasis on creating the right environment to ship excellent experiences to players.
That's where you come in.
At Riot, we believe “Quality Assurance” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviours that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realise their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As an experienced Senior Quality Analyst you'll be helping the feature teams working across League of Legends, provide value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. You can use your experience in QA within game development to help build a player quality strategy. As the Quality owner, you will identify essential improvement areas and provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any feature in development, while building a strategy to ensure the test coverage.
- Advise and Execute team-level quality goals.
- Inform product team and discipline leadership on quality goals.
- Call out risks and quality concerns to product and discipline leadership when necessary and work with them to conceptualise and support implementation for improvements.
- Collaborate with teams to build and maintain dynamic test plans that are informed by the initiative-level test strategy.
- Work with the Product Owners and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Mentor QA team members and share knowledge with the rest of the Quality Discipline at Riot.
- 4+ years of quality oriented experience in games or software development
- 2+ years in a Senior role, overseeing test efforts
- Experience managing test vendors or QA outsource efforts
- Experience as embedded QA
- Automated testing experience
- QA experience with different platforms beneficial (PC, Mobile, Console)
- Good understanding of SCRUM/Agile and ability to implement QA strategy into Agile environments
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.