Senior Technical Artist (Materials & Assets) - Wild Rift, Console
The mission of Technical Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for players.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will work with the engineers and artists to create tools to enhance our art to match our target quality bars. You will bridge the gap between the vision of the Art team and the technical challenges for engineers to bring that to life in the game. As an expert in Tech Art, you’ll lean heavily on your creative skills and art skills to optimize performance, asset creation, and the visual look and feel of our game.
- Level up the workflow for all art disciplines, particularly Character Art, Lighting, and Environment Art
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using
- Produce technical assets (such as shaders/materials/lighting) according to established style, quality, and art vision
- Prototype new art assets and corresponding pipelines and tools
- Collaborate with production to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for your product
- Build close relationships with the artists and engineers you work alongside with to better understand their needs and provide leadership on tool and pipeline development
- Be an available and eager mentor for other Technical Artists in their craft
- 5+ years experience as a technical artist in game development
- Experience working on the full development cycle of at least 1 console title
- Strong art skills with deep understanding of modeling, shaders, texturing, animation, and lighting for games
- Expertise in content creation and tool development in DCC tools, particularly 3dsMax, Photoshop, and Substance
- Experience developing shaders, materials, and lighting in modern game engines
- Proficient communication skills and capacity to be an ambassador between art and engineering
- Superb critical thinking skills, particularly as it pertains to translating artistic requirements to sustainable workflow design
- Expertise in UI/UX design and front-end development (PyQt/PySide skills are a plus)
- Comfortable writing C#
- Experience developing shaders, materials, and lighting in Unity
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).