Senior Software Engineer - Riot Data Products
Riot Data Products (RDP) is an engineering team whose mission is to build solutions that equip Rioters with data technology that helps them to enhance the experience of players and Rioters. Our products range from data pipelines deployed globally that are used to publish over a million events per second into our data ecosystem, all the way to single-page web apps that guide essential processes inside Riot and help us to draw insights about Riot itself, our people, teams, and organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the RDP Integrations team, you will have the chance to affect how Riot uses data to improve the experience for players and Rioters. You'll provide mentorship to other engineers and help shape the technical vision, and lead development efforts to build reliable data solutions and platforms that analyze petabytes of data and support thousands of global Rioters. Challenges will range from protecting players' privacy, organizing and optimizing data warehouses using big data tools and cloud-based servers, building a platform for ingesting data and serving real-time analytics, or empowering product teams to run their services more efficiently. You'll bring your depth of expertise of working with large-scale data to help us build efficient solutions and promote best practices, while collaborating with your team, across teams, and across the organization.
- Lead in design and implementation of new components and feature sets which can include:
- Infrastructure and infrastructure management
- Services and service integrations
- Data lakes and data pipelines like ingestion, data transformation, etc.
- Provide and document reliable and cost-effective solutions in multiple problem spaces, including applications, deployment, and monitoring
- Be a bar-raiser for other engineers through teaching and mentoring
- Conduct code reviews for members in the team
- Collaborate with different teams across Riot to incorporate customer feedback and provide elegant solutions
- Be part of on-call rotation to help support the products
- Participate in interviews and hiring processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 5+ years experience in Java, Scala, or similar OO experience
- 5+ years experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Kafka
- 3+ years experience in Python and SQL
- Knowledge within a diverse set of public cloud technologies: AWS RDS, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, Google Cloud Big Query, Google Cloud Bigtable, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, processing, and validation
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, high scalability, and building services using big data frameworks
- Experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow or Luigi
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).