Senior Software Engineer - Unpublished Fighting Game
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers on Project L, our new fighting game! You will use your understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. You will work with state-of-the-art technology, and explore new solutions to surprise and delight our players. You will lead a team of engineers in the technical direction, implementation of the product, and their professional development.
- Lead and contribute to technical design, decision-making and implementation
- Contribute substantially to the codebase
- Accountable for the quality and maintainability of your team’s codebase
- Drive collaboration and alignment with cross-disciplinary teams
- Mentorship of other engineers on the team
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience as a technical leader setting vision, developing maintainable codebases, and implementing strategies for code deployment
- 2+ years C++ programming experience
- 1+ year(s) of experience mentoring other engineers
- Experience using decision-making frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience defining microservices-based architectures, scalable systems architecture and maintainable software systems for a SaaS product
- Experience in game development
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Affinity for the fighting game genre
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ and/or Go
- Experience working collaboratively with other engineers on technical design and implementation
- You believe that diverse teams are fundamentally more effective. You work actively to promote an environment where individuals on the team feel included and are encouraged to contribute their perspectives to help the team make better decisions
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).