Merch Associate Manager, China
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As part of the Merchandising team, an associate manager will be tasked with managing strategic sales channel partners and distributors, ensuring our merchandise reach out to players with their preferred way, at the same time extending product campaigns and delivering engaging contents to marketplaces in an integrated and cohesive way. This role will require close collaboration with internal merch product development teams, global merch marketing and branding teams, and merch supply chain to deliver awesome and exceptional merchandise experience to players around the world, especially in China. You will also work with stakeholders from Publishing, Esport teams, teams from other regions and licensing partners to support ad-hoc online and offline events for merchandise experience requests. You must have a strong track record of eCommerce operation and digital marketing delivery across multiple channels and platforms, including ecommerce & retail.
You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and fans to the next level. You spell team with 'we'. You will ensure all the experience and engagement with players in an authentic, player‐focused way. Your insights and ability to connect with players will help us build advocacy and passion around our merch business. You also need a clear mindset of P&L to ensure we can strategically deliver sustainable and healthy merchandise experience to players in long term.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
- Stay ahead and abreast of consumer/player culture and trends to initiate and develop creative content and campaigns for multiple channels to drive consumer/player excitement, brand/product desire and demand;
- Strategic key account management with Tmall and Tencent/QQ platform.
- Lead merchandising marketing projects that engage players in China and champion both Riot's corporate brand and individual game brands.
- Develop and execute key in-game and out-of-game merchandising programs and follow up through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors to deliver value and excitements to players in China.
- Work across a multi-functional team to establish and refine KPIs to help Riot merchandising hand-craft marketing solutions that delight Chinese players.
- Lead and work with creative developer/vendor to design and develop “flow creative contents & assets” (shorter shelf life, simpler and fresher)-creative work, e.g. POPs, photos, simple videos, other formats of assets to enrich consumer experience as well as engagement;
- Build digital content hub with global and local assets for internal/external usage;
- Manage budget to be spent effectively and ensure all projects are completed on brand, on brief, on time and within budget for optimal ROI.
- At least a bachelor's degree
- At least 3+ years of eCommerce and digital marketing experience, particularly in overseeing end-to-end digital campaign from strategy, creative, planning, to execution. Able to analyze a campaign from beginning to end assess its brand and commercial impact and evolution.
- A keen eye for brand building and have managed multiple top tier brands across wide audiences; you are knowledgeable about the opportunities and challenges of product campaigns and commercial plans as they relate to long term merchandising brand identity and consumer engagement.
- Able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of merchandising sub-disciplines and functions, but also able to dive deeply into merchandising marketing and campaign developments.
- Speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having an in-depth knowledge about the Chinese gaming culture; you are a phenomenal communicator, not only you can speak your mind directly, you can layout the logics behind; you are persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners.
- Understand diehard fandom and can empathize with our most avid players
- Strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions in a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, show the same attention to details because it is the details that make the difference.
- Able to adapt across a number of different functional roles, while seeking to finely balance different needs, priorities, and challenges.
- Either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, willing to take risks; care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of the team
- Strong creative thinking and able to push forward the An Idea Accelerator:Your creative ideas and the creative ideas of your team don't end at the concept phase, because you push forward the ideas you know will work; you know what brilliant looks like and have no problems pushing others past mental roadblocks with brainstorming sessions that end in unprecedented innovation
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.