Senior Visual Designer - Consumer Products
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on the Consumer Products team, you will work in partnership with the Art Director and other 2D/3D artists to help shape the art style for our consumer products, marketing, and apparel lines. Your craft expertise will bring our iconic characters to players IRL. If you want to learn more about the Consumer Products department, check out our page here → Merchandise Operations
- Work cross-functionally to develop brand identities, mood boards, and style guides
- Create engaging marketing assets and apply them across multiple layouts and advertising platforms
- Design and develop apparel pieces aligned with Riot’s overall aesthetic and research fashion trends to bring in new ideas
- Assist with photoshoots, and responsible for photo editing and compositing
- Contribute to the development of efficient art pipelines
- Ensure thematic cohesion between consumer products and other Riot art assets
- Collaborate and seek mentorship from the discipline artists and community
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer working on consumer products
- 2+ years working on toys, packaging, or fashion
- Experience working directly with manufacturing vendors and preparing files for print
- Have experience working in Branding, Graphic Design, or Digital Products
- Experience taking work from ideation to final shippable product
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Willingness to flex to a variety of different art styles and collaborate with other art team members
- Manage process, provide feedback in a positive manner, and discuss design reasoning
- Knowledge of standard print techniques and material requirements relating to physical product
- Strong Photoshop compositing skills
- Experience in the entertainment industry is a big plus
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).