Services Senior Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Services Senior Manager you'll have three scopes to lead:
- Player Support (70% of time): use player-focused values through local and global projects looking for the best results in preventing and supporting player needs, aiming services with immediate and thoughtful answers. With the optimistic and friendly – yet daring – PS team (composed by Rioters and external partners), you'll lead customer care practices, being accountable for metrics, costs management, people development and a partnership with our local teams in launching and sustaining new products services in our unending quest to provide the most meaningful and lasting experiences to our audience in Brazil.
- Infrastructure and Tech (25% of time): you'll learn and sustain knowledge in network and infrastructure that allow you to fairly understand and discuss doable alternatives to connectivity and data-center optimization with our global Tech team, ISP’s (Internet Service Providers) and vendors, aiming high-quality experiences to players and Riot’s business sustainability. Also, because you lead the Player Support team and you have visibility of the player pain in real-time, you will promote the local feedback to our global engineering teams get actions faster as the FLASH (nobody wants to lose a game because of a technological issue :( ).
Moreover, because your past experiences allowed you to be in touch with Tech topics, you can organize and remove obstacles to software development projects with methodology, communication, linking all resources where coding is necessary to create a solution which will help Brazilian teams amaze local players (and, who knows, worldwide ;) ).
- IT (5% of time): Riot provides high-quality equipment and connection for Rioters so they can do their job and also play (after all, we are players as well, right?). This work follows global standards and we have a third-party team that helps us keep them in Brazil. Your work here will be to manage the quality and performance of this operation, and the costs and future plans to support the Brazilian operation (our Office and Esports Studio).
Overall, you will also have the mission to develop talents under your leadership. It’ll be part of your responsibility to build trust with those who you will lead, besides understanding their motivations and personal goals, supporting and evaluating their personal development plans and performance cycles, so they will grow and achieve new levels in their career and life.
As a São Paulo Rioter, you'll join a team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games São Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation. You will report to the Operations Director.
- Experienced: you're an experienced professional in services operations, who knows how to balance resources, technology and processes to improve results, can analyse needs and improvement opportunities in customer experience/ relationship management (where we expect you have 8 years of professional background, at least), also demonstrating practice and value added in managing projects and building relationship with teams involved with tech/ infrastructure projects. Your proposals and plans take into consideration creativity, objectiveness, market analysis, aiming problems resolution - never "fixes" which will demand recurrent new “fixes”.
- A self-motivated and resilient leader: you have experience leading teams, developing service and strategies; you create commitment and vigorous pursuit of a vision, inspiring teams (and yourself) through the good times and the bad to produce and sharing results, insights, keeping our values. You orient the team to perform as entrepreneurs, challenging them to review processes, projects effectiveness, prioritizing and pivoting accordingly.
- Inspired: you've abolished “can't” from your vocabulary; no matter the circumstances, you savor each opportunity to answer the challenge accepted. Impossible is our favorite type of possible.
- A problem-solver and critical thinker: you think out-of-the-box and know what are relevant data to make decisions, applying a global perspective when reading a problem, without losing the local one to prioritize solutions when implementing them. You motivate others to raise issues, and root-cause analysis and resolutions in a structured and doable way.
- Bilingual: you're fluent in English and Portuguese, so you will engage with different Rioters around the world and talk game with players in both languages.
- A gamer: your personal experiences as a gamer have given you ideas about the meaning of "quality of the total player experience," and you're eager to apply these observations, discoveries and opinions to make things better for players worldwide.
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Pension Plan with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Bonus compensation plan according employee annual performance
- Meal voucher and office catering
- Yearly budget for education support (books, training, workshops)
- Scholarship support (after 12 months at Riot and according to employee’s development plan aligned with your manager)
- Day-care aid (for employee's child until 2 years old)
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.