Software Engineer III - VALORANT, Console Tech
Job Id: REQ-0006973
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Engineers join Riot to become masters of their craft. They bring a deep passion for helping bring joy to players via technical solutions. In Foundations, we focus on the game engine, content pipelines, developer workflows, and other critical core capabilities. As a Staff Software Engineer on Valorant's Foundations Console Developer Experience team, you will influence the technical direction for how we bring VALORANT to console players as a multi-platform continuous delivery studio. You will design and build solutions that improve the experience of developers across the VALORANT organization to enable fast iteration and validation at scale. Your work will touch a diverse set of areas including such as patching and content delivery, performance and reliability management, console certification and releasability, and tooling. This role will report to the Engineering Manager on Foundations, Console Developer Experience.
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards; demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Design, build and deliver systems that span editor, runtime, and build / release pipelines
- Own the outcomes for deeply complex technical problems that span multiple systems and engineering teams
- Collaborate closely with Production and Engineering across VALORANT and Riot
- Mentor and grow other engineers on the team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in professional software development, having shipped at least one console game
- Professional experience with C++ or similar programming language
- Experience with console certification process and console manufacturer platform integration
- Experience architecting, aligning, and implementing multi-engineer technical solutions
- Experience mentoring team members to level up their technical capabilities
- Experience shipping Unreal Engine games to console
- Experience shipping multigenerational console titles
- Experience building core engine capabilities and developer workflows
- Familiarity with console-specific build pipelines
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ and optimization techniques
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500 USD - $249,900 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue Only) Base salary range between $178,500 USD - $249,900 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).