Financial Controller, SEA
Job Id: REQ-0006971
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the SEA Financial Controller, you’ll lead Riot’s Singapore based Accounting Finance team, drawing on your substantial experience to build scalable systems that keep up with a company that’s extremely dynamic and undergoing constant evolution. You’ll work with external partners and leaders throughout Riot to guide key financial decisions. You’ll also mentor team members, streamline reporting processes and foster an ambitious culture of continuous improvement, complete with systems for measuring and recognizing success.
As a guide, your main responsibilities in managing finance and accounting operations for a variety of international entities will involve the following:
- Manage all accounting and financial operations including procurement, payments, accounts payable, general ledger, revenue recognition and outsourced payroll.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and flux analysis for balance sheet and income statements to ensure all entries are properly recorded and fully analysed.
- Lead and support our month-end and year-end close processes in line with strict corporate deadlines across all entities.
- Working in collaboration with the global and local Accounting teams, develop and maintain the Company’s accounting policies to ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards.
- Proactively monitor, review, research and interpret US GAAP and IFRS standards and analyze emerging accounting pronouncements for financial statements and operational impact to the Company.
- Lead the effort in the development and implementation of internal control procedures and identification of risks and inefficiencies.
- Working in collaboration with the Internal Audit team, evaluate the significance of audit findings, make practical recommendations and collaborate with key stakeholders on remediation action plans.
- Continually identify opportunities to act in an advisory role with key business partners and stakeholders.
- Act as the primary interface with the group’s internal and external auditors and coordinate the planning and exaction of all required statutory audits.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register for the SEA region.
- Manage working capital and treasury requirements, including foreign currency to ensure that free cashflow levels are optimized.
- Manage and mentor your team of direct and indirect reports.
- Work closely with Tax and FP&A as part of the senior finance management team.
- Experienced: you’ve racked up at least 10 years of accounting experience, both in a Big 4 (or equivalent) firm and in industry, preferably with multinational companies filled with techie, gamer types like us
- Educated: your raw talent is backed up by a bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university and you are a qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent)
- Internationally centered: you’re familiar with the challenges of operating in a global organization, and have experiences dealing with international accounting practices; you embrace new challenges
- A team leader: you’ve got experience building and leading successful Finance teams in a growing, ever-evolving organization; you maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that inspires confidence and motivates teammates to meet challenges head-on
- An enterprise planner: you’re an Excel pro and expertly use ERP systems to manage internal and external account information
- Completely compliant: you know all the ins and outs of international and domestic accounting standards, knowledge of Withholding and Corporate tax regulations and have a strong understanding of IFRS,US GAAP and compliance regulations.
- Detail-oriented: your financial savvy helps you keep accounts and reports current and spot even the slightest mathematical discrepancy; you know little things often make big things happen, and so there’s no detail so fine that it escapes your notice
- An equipped communicator: you’re easy to get along with, and work successfully with any personality type you might run into on the studio floor; you craft reports and presentations that are easily understood by the less monetarily minded
- Experience working across SEA in multiple lines of business with a variety of complex products or services, all in an environment that is constantly changing is highly desired