Senior Game Producer - League of Legends, Game Modes
Job Id: REQ-0007712
As Producers on League of Legends at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create experiences that push the quality and resonance of our game content within the MOBA genre. We drive development, obliterate obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Game Producer III on the Game Modes Team, you'll lead a multidisciplinary team to achieve their goals by keeping projects on-track, keeping teams healthy, and keeping collaborators informed. Drawing on your experience in agile leadership, you'll build flexible development plans including milestones and deliverables. You'll also partner with fellow servant leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment. Whether it’s developing new and exciting game modes for different parts of the League audience, or updating existing modes to better meet the needs of players, the Modes team is focused on ensuring League players find their own specific type of fun. You will report into the Delivery Lead on the Game Modes Team
- Partner directly with Design to build and evaluate a variety of different game mode opportunities.
- Work with Strategic Advisory to ensure we have a clear understanding of our target audience’s needs and then translating those needs into modes designs or mode alterations.
- Work together with a diverse team(s) composed of people across design and tech to deliver exciting new game modes for League of Legends players globally.
- Craft clear communications on our strategic intentions as well as transparently reviewing results with players and Rioters.
- Create Product Briefs to educate team members and stakeholders on the strategic direction of modes.
- Collaborate with other Producers and local Discipline Leads to develop roadmaps.
- Learn different frameworks we use today to measure the engagement and resonance of various game modes.
- Deliver content on a regular cadence with your team, as well as tracking the performance and efficacy of our work over time.
- Proactively identify points of risk to your products and work with your team and your peers to solve them.
- Facilitate gatherings for ideation, scope planning, daily stand-ups, product reviews, and retrospectives.
- Identify and drive process improvements locally on your team and potentially broadly across all content teams.
- Maintain high-levels of team happiness and individual satisfaction through regular measurements and actions to improve on them.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience managing game, application, or content production teams
- Experience improving work systems for teams
- Experience working with and leading agile teams
- Experience delivering complex projects involving multiple teams and external vendors through teamwork, leadership, and stakeholder management
- Familiarity with League of Legends modes catalog
- Experience delivering art content for games, animation, VFX or a related industry. Hands-on experience developing art content is a great plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Working closely with Riot teams globally, Riot Sydney is a powerhouse of talent, and experts in global development. Our team works on VALORANT, League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, alongside exciting R&D and Tech projects.
If you believe that the Player Experience comes first, we want to hear from you. Our players are a diverse group from different backgrounds, and we want to see that reflected in the people who make our games, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment
At Riot we strongly believe in work / life balance, and we encourage that with our open paid time off policy, paid parental leave (for both primary and secondary carers) and flexible work schedules to fit your lifestyle.
We also believe that work should be fun, we have a LAN gaming room, the latest consoles, a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community, and all the snacks you would ever need to power through your day (even healthy snacks!).
And that’s not all we offer, there’s also:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Stipend
- Wellbeing Reimbursement
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and Development opportunities