Senior Interactive Designer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Senior Interactive Designer, you will be working with a team environment under direction of Creative/Art Leadership, this person will be working closely with product development, marketing department, partners, vendors and acts as an advocate for all users of the business’s product. For the purpose of this role, the Senior Interaction Designer must be able to present both visually and verbally of product solutions necessary for the enhancement of player's experience. The candidate should be strong in both visual craft design skills and has extraordinary aesthetic taste, whom not only has senior experience but is also highly specialize in UI/UX design, graphic design, marketing/branding design, illustration.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- An experienced creative guru/expert: minimum of five years of UX/UI, Graphic/Branding or interactive design experience, expert in graphic design, illustration, UI/UX knowledge both in game, commercial and enterprise space. High aesthetic and sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures. Expert hands-on knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other mainstream softwares such as C4D, Maya etc.
- A strong door keeper: Extraordinary design taste, have the ability to maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- A good team player: Team player with the ability to works well with others to deliver high quality results and meet the deadlines
- A great idea generator: Exceptional Prototyping ability, can design for web and mobile accessibility.
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Work together with Creative/Art Leadership assist to oversee all design projects, responsible for partnering, collaborating and communicating professionally across departments with internal teams, partners, external team and vendors to achieve outstanding results
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders across departments
- Take the lead in creating multiple design concepts from creative brief and Art/Creative Leadership’s Direction to final product
- Coach and lead Junior designers, while inspiring team members with fresh, creative and innovative ideas
- Seek feedback from key players in projects to maintain creative excellence
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.