Director of Product
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in
As a Director of Product, you'll identify problem spaces and opportunities to create a vision and strategy for a product or a line of products, based on your deep industry experience and your contact with players and other key stakeholders. You've got experience in creating cross-functional teams, collaborating with other leaders to drive toward common goals. You're a self-directed leader and possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems.
- A senior product leader: you've spent 10 years in producer or product management roles; you've led multiple teams across distributed environments on major projects.
- A proven mentor: as an accomplished leader, you're able to speak on a broad spectrum of topics; your demeanor diffuses conflicts and puts people at ease, helping you give constructive feedback and build relationships across cultures.
- A product visionary: you have managed a product vision from concept stage all the way through to live.
- Adept in business: you have strong business acumen with experience building business cases and implementing large scale go-to-market plans
- Knowledgeable in technology: you have delivered software products in a gaming or technical environment, you understand technology and can talk to highly technical development and design teams.
- Thoughtful and analytical: you consider multiple solutions to the same problem and can see nuance where others don't.
- Mentally agile entrepreneur: you're always looking ahead, and aren't caught off guard by new projects even if you're already juggling a dozen; your plans are built on a solid foundation, so you know you can deliver the right outcome at the right time.
- A passion for games: you have a passion for gaming or a strong sense of player empathy.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Provide product leadership as part of a development team as a subject matter expert.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing direct communication with players or internal customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product specifications, and positioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to drive alignment and communicate product updates.
- Manage and cultivate relationships across different teams in multiple locations
- Be accountable for the global vision and backlog for the product.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Click the button below and don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.