Esports League Manager, DACH
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
As the Esports League Manager for the DACH region, you'll help establish, shape and grow the ecosystem of Riot esports from the grassroots to the pro scene hand in hand with the Head of Esport - DACH. You excel at strategic planning, critical thinking, partner management, and overcoming obstacles in a fast-paced environment. Your analytical skills will assess new ventures, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help drive key projects to completion.
As a Berlin Rioter, you’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming.
We’re looking for a humble, ambitious, and broad-thinking professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
- Educated and experienced: You have 5 years of experience in business or sports/esports development at a leading media, tech, consulting and/or content company. Understanding of the sports industry, esports, and/or the broader media landscape is helpful.
- A hardcore gamer and sports enthusiast: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and sports offline and online, you’re an avid fan of LoL esports, and take play seriously
- Strategic: you’re able to see the big picture and help develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- A critical thinker: You seek data and other feedback to make informed decisions and drive the right outcomes. You approach problems from multiple angles while keeping player focus at the forefront.
- Analytical: you’re able to use data to make informed decisions and business cases; you have a strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling
- A clear communicator: you can effectively communicate in any medium in English and German: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert large amount of information and data into clear, professional presentations
- A natural networker: you bring and build contacts across agencies and major commercial partners within Europe and you are experienced with broadcast licenses, partnerships, and joint ventures.
- A versatile multi-tasker: you’re able to run multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Lead the development of the DACH esports ecosystem (path to pro) hand in hand with the Head of Esports for DACH.
- Be responsible for overall league management and League operations within the German region.
- Help develop a clear strategy to foster the growth the local esports ecosystem; from grassroots initiatives to carving a path to pro.
- Model the economics for organisations with the support of the Head of Esports.
- Source, introduce, educate and collaborate with new endemic and non endemic partners for the DACH leagues bringing new value to both Riot and the league's organisations.
- Collaborate with organisations and players helping them level up their individual brands.
- Collaborate across departments (global esports, brand, broadcast, player management, legal, league operations, etc.) to help identify and execute new esports opportunities.
- Work closely with publishing to deliver a cohesive and clear message about the league's, progression and the path to pro.
- Identify, pursue, and execute sponsorship and other business partnerships by engaging and collaborating with third-party agencies or direct relationships; formulate and implement creative marketing campaigns for partners.
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, gaming and entertainment industry, especially within the German and European markets.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.