Software Architect - Player Platform: Riot SDK
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Architect, you’ll build creative solutions to improve Riot’s multi-game ecosystem while integrating existing platforms and APIs.
As a Software Architect on the Riot Platform SDK team, you’ll lead a newly founded and passionate team looking to provide software development kits to Riot game developers. This team creates development tools for Riot’s internal game teams as well as external game studios who are looking to build games powered by Riot’s Player Platform. You will partner with your technical product manager in defining a technical roadmap supporting the product’s vision for the foreseeable future. You will report directly to the initiative engineering leader for Player Platform.
On the Player Platform team, we look to achieve incredible developer experiences and capabilities for Riot’s game teams working across console, mobile, and PC development environments; game engine middleware such as Unity 3D, Unreal Engine and internal Riot game engines; 1st and 3rd party technologies and SDKs.
- Build Riot’s Platform SDK technical strategy, bringing Riot’s Player Platform capabilities to game developers
- Develop a technical strategy for making game development as consistent across gaming platforms such as PCs, mobile devices and gaming consoles
- Lead a team of 6-10 software engineers ranging from associate to senior level
- Lead architecture and solutions supporting platform integrations with game engines such as Unity 3D, Unreal Engine and internal natively built game engines
- Lead and establish technical guidelines for software developers either building platform SDK capabilities or integrating with platform SDKs and tools
- Partner with project leads and quality leads in defining and grooming high-level user stories
- Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building out reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, conducting design, and coding reviews
- Manage the quality of your team’s technical outputs, ensuring it meets Riot’s standards, RPG’s standard and Player Platform’s standards
- Lead multiple work streams in defining technical outcomes, tools and solutions that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for Riot’s game developers
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical leadership role, guiding engineering principals, design and implementation
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C/Swift
- Experience with two or more of the following platforms: Microsoft Windows OS (desktop), iOS or Android OS (mobile), Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch (console)
- Experience leading software products that support multiple platforms and operating systems (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, etc.)
- Expertise in defining and delivering complex technical solutions to technical customers/users
- Excellent presentation capabilities, able to present clearly and concisely to various partners, customers, and leaders at Riot
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).