Data Center Manager, Americas - Infrastructure Platform
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As a Data Center Manager, you will be our technical operations captain: setting up strategy and leading the team that will maintain and operate Riot’s high-speed online gaming infrastructure.
You demonstrate encyclopedic knowledge of management of physical data centers and consuming public cloud infrastructure at scale. Your goal is to apply this knowledge to optimize player experience for the millions of currently active players, as well as to pave the road for future games. This involves architecting, deploying, and managing data centers.
Data Center Managers on the Infrastructure Platform team are responsible for the full life-cycle of operations of Riot’s data centers within a specified region. In addition, you will also lead a small group of Data Center Technicians and vendors. You will work alongside a passionate team of software and infrastructure engineers. We combine strong expertise in networking, systems administration, and DevOps. Our aim is to automate and improve the way we store, process, and distribute data for our ever expanding player base.
- Planning, hardware installation and configuration, optimization, operations, and ongoing maintenance of the data center
- Optimize systems performance, and monitor equipment
- Engage with vendors to handle purchasing, contract negotiations, and global logistics of data centers
- Capacity planning and continual assessments for process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented and scalable
- Monitor ongoing practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations and control requirements
- Select, evaluate, and manage performance of technicians
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience with system administration and networking protocols (TCP/IP)
- Experience in international logistics, including procurement, shipping, receiving, and customs
- Experience with cooling and Power Systems for medium size data centers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and ambiguity
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).