Senior Compensation Partner
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with a deep craft knowledge in rewards, and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Senior Compensation Partner reporting to the Director of Total Rewards, you will bring knowledge to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You will be the go-to resource for all things related to compensation, ranging from administering and improving the annual compensation cycle to creating tools to aid in data- and market-informed decisions. You will oversee not only the analytical foundation of good pay practices but the education to level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, executive) of compensation. You will dedicate time to growing and mentoring Rioters throughout the company, and introduce carefully crafted processes to ensure programs work for Riot and not the other way around.
- Design and administer pay practices and governance to help ensure that Riot's pay programs are consistent, equitable, and meet our requirements
- Provide expertise to HR business partners, Talent Acquisition, and business leaders and make recommendations about our largest expense and most meaningful asset - Rioters
- Partner in maturing and overseeing Riot's job architecture and position management including designing fit workflows among Riot leaders, HR business partners, and the compensation team
- Administer broad-based pay programs at Riot Games, including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans created in the future
- Oversee compensation processes including annual base pay and incentive review processes, off-cycle review governance and job matching, survey submissions and results review
- Perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness, and fairness of existing programs
- Collaborate with the People systems team on compensation-related implementations and improvements, and administer compensation-related workflows, providing review and approvals
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and training to compensation teammates
- Stay on top of standard methodologies, industry trends and current compensation, total rewards and people compliance and practice evolution
- 6+ years of experience in a compensation or total rewards role with confirmed progression
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law as it pertains to pay practices
- Comfort with Excel modeling and data visualization
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to executives
- Financial and accounting familiarity - ability to partner with our Finance and Accounting colleagues to provide relevant data and investigate outliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with international pay practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and making decisions that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).