Senior Researcher - League of Legends, Monetization Products
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds, that focus on bringing an astute understanding of players to Riot. We join together to represent and advocate for players from around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed. Do you embody player empathy and care deeply about the experiences of your customers (our players), if so this could be the role for you.
Are you looking for a career that blends your scientific acumen and your deep real passion for games? As a Researcher at Riot Games, you will study, represent, and speak for the players around the globe. Your scientific skillset coupled with your audience insight will ensure that we are crafting our products in a player-focused way.
You will join the Player Immersion & Expression initiative where you’ll be working on products such as champion skins and other cosmetic content, loot, events, and new monetization products or distribution strategies. You will actively contribute to product strategy, such as developing recommendations for new products or product improvement and evaluating product performance. This will be accomplished through primary research such as player labs, surveys, and in-depth interviews, as well as building presentations with powerful narratives around recommendations based on player data. What makes a skin line successful? How do we design around player needs and preferences? How do players make purchasing decisions? Help us make better decisions for players through sussing out those insights.
- Partner with your product teams to generate insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences
- Construct, organize, and execute studies and surveys designed to answer business, development, and usability questions
- Design and moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for authentic, actionable feedback
- Share your results with other Rioters and leaders in clear, illustrative presentations
- Collaborate with analysts and data scientists to deliver multimodal analyses
- Mentor other researchers, helping them learn from your own experiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to structure out nebulous spaces
- Effective communicator with the ability to create clear presentations and convey complex or nuanced topics to any audience, and represent data in a digestible manner
- BA or BS in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related social science discipline; advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of five years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Experience in ecommerce, product strategy, or revenue strategy for consumer-facing products preferred
- Proficient in variety of research methodologies, such as surveys, ethnography, labs, etc.
- Advanced capability in your choice of analysis software (SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).