Contact Experience Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by ambitious gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a Contact Experience Lead you will ensure that our front line teams are supported in delivering amazing experience to our players. You will make sure these player facing legends have all the information they need to answer queries, you will take point when things break and push teams internally for solutions, you will work with data to build business cases for change and ensure the communication to the front line is a two way street. Using this combination of context and data you will help inform decision on various levels of impact on a daily basis.
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you’re a player, too; you’re able to work odd hours, motivated by players’ needs, to jump on issues before they affect the player experience.
- Approachable: you listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations
- Armed with insight: like the 5-star chef knows their kitchen, you understand the game, trends, and best practices currently affecting your field; you continually strive to improve your skills while staying in the know about what the competition might be cooking up
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- You will will be part of a team that is responsible for defining how we respond to player support issues globally, impacting hundreds of support agents, millions of players across over 4 million support interactions.
- You will be responsible for defining guidelines, processes, and tone for all player responses across all games, and this individual will share a backlog of priorities
- Work as part of a global team ensuring that player facing agents get the latest information and updates about League of Legends
- Carry out retrospectives on launched products providing reports for the relevant product teams.
- Identify opportunities to drive improvements to our global processes, guidelines, and methods around how we respond to submitted player tickets and interactions using a combination of qualitative information
- Strong expertise in League of Legends
- 4+ years Customer Support background with Experience working with common support tools (CRM, Chat, IVR) tools
- Experience with Incident Management Framework eg ITIL Framework
- Basic SQL and data analytic skills
- Coaching or people management experience
- Strong interpersonal; oral, and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.