QA Lead - Player Platform: Player Cohesion and Interactions
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a QA Lead on the Player Platform: Player Cohesion and Interactions team, you are the champion of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to testing to ensure the success of Riot’s projects. You will craft test plans, establish testing requirements & quality bars, perform exploratory testing, and drive implementation of static and dynamic testing processes. In addition, you also build close relationships with partners and deliver product health reports on a regular cadence. You put the players first, and work closely with their development team to tackle ambiguous and complex problems to combat player pain.
The Player Platform initiative builds the player-facing software and systems that are shared between games at Riot. You will be an integral member of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build future games. We're seeking leaders and engineers who can bring new ideas to a wide variety of projects including desktop applications, globally scaled services like chat and accounts, and SDKs to enable game teams to deliver these experiences across different operating systems and platforms. Together, we write outstanding code and tests while contributing to the product that will power Riots future games.
- Establishing and executing team-level quality goals for the product.
- Informing product team and discipline leadership on quality goals and key performance indicators.
- Calling out risks and quality concerns to product and discipline leadership when necessary.
- Building and maintaining dynamic test plans that are informed by the initiative-level test strategy.
- Managing and triaging defect database.
- Partnering with teams to plan and execute playtests.
- Signing off on product quality during release process.
- Working with the Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Mentoring Quality Analysts and share knowledge with the rest of the Quality Discipline at Riot.
- Managing communication with outsourced QA teams, overseeing and regularly auditing results.
- Coordinating with other product team Quality Owners to maintain effective and efficient cross-product test coverage.
- SQL Databases like MySQL
- Perforce, Git
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).