Rioter Relations Specialist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a Rioter Relations Specialist, you’ll own all things Rioter relations (this might be “employee” relations at other places, but we don’t really dig that word). You’ll be the go-to for advising and managing live Rioter relations matters to ensure the best possible experience for every Rioter. You’ll address complicated issues and solve them efficiently to ensure that everyone involved is protected and on the right side of the law. Your stellar interpersonal and communication skills will come in handy as you handle confidential info with sensitivity and tact.
- A confidant: you’re easily approachable and extremely professional when handling sensitive and confidential information in all situations
- A master problem-solver: you approach challenges methodically, sparking discussions as you work towards prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions; you approach volatile situations with tact, diffusing them calmly and with poise
- Experienced: you bring a strong background on a Talent team (HR at other places) and specialize in “employee relations”
- A communications pro: you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; your cultural awareness helps you connect with others and makes you approachable and understandable
- Organized and attentive: your diligence, structural skills, and attention to detail mean you’ve got timely, in-depth knowledge of every issue that crosses your desk; your time management skills help you prioritize tasks and info, so your attention is always focused on the right details
- Judicious: you’re confident in your ability to make the right decisions fairly and impartially
- A legal expert: your encyclopedic knowledge of state and federal law makes you a trusted resource who understands when to call in counsel
- Effectively collaborate with senior leaders and the Talent team to generate and uphold positive Rioter relations programs and best practices
- Direct and handle the end-to-end process on live Rioter relations issues relating to disciplinary, grievances, appeals, performance, offboarding, etc.
- Study changes in legislation and ensure that all necessary variations are made according to all legal regulations
- Assist in coaching and guiding Rioters and managers through sensitive situations dealing with offboarding and disciplinary issues
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.