Senior Financial Accountant
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
As a guide, your main responsibilities will involve:
The Senior Finance Accountant will provide support in the following key areas:
- Preparation of Management Accounts on a monthly basis, in line with the required GAAP, company Policies & Procedures and resolving any queries arising from these results
- Preparation of statutory Financial Statements and supporting the annual fiscal audits. Responsibility for the entire year-end process of specific assigned companies including coordination with the external audit team & tax advisors and sign-off on the local entity Financial Statements across various jurisdictions.
- Preparation and review of the Financial results of the Entities at month end close, and preparation of commentary and summary KPI’s for Senior Management review and onward reporting to the Global Finance Team
- Responsibility in ensuring that all activities necessary for financial/fiscal reporting are completed in accordance with the scheduled timetable and the submission of the periodic financial results happens within corporate reporting deadlines
- Get right under the skin of our business and sharing understanding of the drivers of value.
- Provide on-going support to the Financial Controller and the other key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going commercial & operational initiatives
- Managing Working Capital and Treasury requirements, including Foreign Currency, to ensure that Quarterly/Yearly Free-Cash flow levels are achieved
- Responsibility for the implementation of a control environment that is operationally focused and minimizes risks in key functional areas.
Your skills & qualifications will have to include:
- Effective under pressure to consistently achieve challenging deadlines with a strong desire for continuous personal improvement.
- Strong analytical skills, rational, analytical lateral thinker.
- Have experience of working in a pan European environment, with a broad awareness of financial, legal and tax considerations.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast changing, dynamic environment in a results orientated manner
- A team player with cross functional involvement and the presence to successfully influence decision making.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) skills and strong interpersonal skills are a requirement as is the ability to self manage and influence others to meet commitments
- Ability to understand business needs, work in cross functional teams and in a matrix organization
- Strong Knowledge of MS Office products, being a expert in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in the use of a financial ERP system, and/or implementation of improvements to an existing finance system
- Certified / Chartered (ACCA/ACA) Qualified Accountant