QA Lead - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports.
Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling. Publishing and Brand Management at Riot, like everything else at Riot, is focused on our players and fans. We believe that publishing at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest and to deliver meaning for all things that we do - this includes the Riot Brand, League of Legends MOBA, League of Legends esports and our other games.
As Quality Assurance Lead you'll own the construction of the QA strategy for multiple products within a portfolio. As an experienced QA Lead, you'll identify key metrics and provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any product in development, while building a strategy to ensure effective and efficient test coverage. A true innovator, you'll find ways to blend standard QA practices with production and creative to ensure the highest quality products.
- As QA Lead you will oversee holistic quality across multiple games within a diverse portfolio by driving quality ownership across the development life cycle of these games.
- You will coordinate with external development teams to understand their needs, evaluate their QA capabilities and drive risk identification/mitigation efforts for upcoming product launches.
- You will ensure comprehensive testing is conducted across a suite of games and platforms. You will establish 3rd party functional QA teams and oversee their efforts as necessary
- Oversee internal qualitative testing efforts, from establishing questions and sourcing players to sharing the results with stakeholders.
- Facilitate localization of content on a project by project basis by working with internal and external localization teams
- Maintain playtest environments for multiple products, ensuring latest versions are available and able to be player
- Work with internal partners to establish compatibility and performance testing capabilities
- Coordinate with Player Support teams to ensure they are equipped to handle upcoming games, and that our developers have visibility into live player issues.
- Coordinate developers and 1st parties to ensure successful submissions
- Own age ratings and legal reviews for each game
- You have at least 5 years of leadership experience in QA. You have worked on the launch of multiple games on a variety of platforms and genres.
- Most importantly you have experience working with first parties such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, iOS and Android. You have in-depth experience working with 1st party tools and portals in order to submit games.
- You have successfully worked on multiple products simultaneously at different stages of a project and understand how track quality and ensure projects are delivered on time.
- You understand how important quality is to the products we make and how we can track that quality to ensure we are delivering the best experiences to players
- You’re a gamer and spend the bulk of your time playing games. You have a passion for games that drives you to work tirelessly to deliver a high-quality experience to players. You empathize with the perspectives and plights of players and champion their needs
- You have plenty of experience writing test cases, managing bug databases and reporting quality. You understand how to collect data but also how to distill it into a consumable form for internal and external team.
- You understand the production cycle and have experience dealing with 1st parties, submissions, age ratings and legal reviews
- You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action
- You have excellent communication and are able to work with a variety of people, effectively communicating everything from data to creative feedback