Atlassian Administrator - IT
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and has 23 offices worldwide.
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s IT Discipline is packed with challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining global infrastructure that supports the organization’s growth. As IT Administrators and Engineers, we have deep knowledge in specific areas of expertise and strive to provide excellent standards of service for Riot’s operations. We relish the opportunity to work with new product teams and tech stacks, and explore new solutions to improve the Riot digital workplace and surprise and delight our players.
As an Atlassian Administrator you will be the go-to person for all things Jira and Confluence, from crafting our vision for these applications to detailed execution. We will rely on you to help maintain, improve and scale our Atlassian instances, so we can keep creating extraordinary games and experiences for players. You'll collaborate with employees from a wide array of disciplines across the organization to improve efficiency, optimize usage of the tools and share standard methodologies across Riot.
- Act as the go-to authority for Confluence and Jira at Riot Games
- Provide configuration and administrative support of multiple self-hosted Confluence and Jira Data Center environments
- Implement application security practices, and apply, maintain and solve access and permissions issues for projects, spaces and associated components
- Evaluate, test, implement and lead the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs
- Interpret and map business requirements to Confluence and Jira configurations
- Design and implement complex custom Jira configurations including projects, agile and scrum boards, dashboards, filters, issue types, workflows, permissions, fields, issue security, notifications and their associated schemes
- Provide thought leadership and work with teams across the company to drive adoption of usage and elevate understanding of Atlassian suite capabilities
- Partner with Game teams to understand their use cases and build effective and balanced solutions
- Keep Confluence and Jira healthy by understanding how administrative actions and changes to the application and systems impact performance, scalability and day-to-day manageability
- Research and implement Atlassian standard methodologies, actively develop and improve efficiency by keeping up with industry trends and techniques
- Work closely with developer and systems teams to implement robust application monitoring and optimize hardware, software and network systems
- Coordinate, lead, and respond to support requests of varying complexity, due dates and SLAs
- Author and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks
- Participate in on-call rotation and triage live issues as necessary
- Provide excellent Customer Service
- 5+ years experience administering, configuring and maintaining Atlassian applications in a large, multi-methodology organization
- Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience running multiple Confluence/Jira environments
- Skilled in solving issues and performing installations, migrations, and add-on installation
- Strong knowledge of JQL, with experience constructing advanced search queries and complex custom filters to power dashboards and generate reports
- Experience managing user permissions via Active Directory, single sign-on (SSO), and SAML authentication
- Experience configuring application links and DVCS accounts to seamlessly integrate Confluence, Jira, GitHub, etc.
- Familiar with Atlassian application monitoring techniques including runtime logs, database and JMX monitoring, etc.
- Ability to self-organize across various backlogs, handle changes in daily workload, and prioritize work under contending deadlines
- Good communication ability in working with both technical and non-technical users.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Atlassian certification
- Experience writing custom user macros
- Knowledge of Jira Service Desk
- Familiarity with Confluence and Jira APIs
- Knowledge of Apache/Tomcat configuration
- Proficiency in Linux server command line troubleshooting utilities
Don’t forget to include a resume and unique cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice an original, well-written intro that shows us you’re aligned to our values.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).