Senior Atlassian Developer - IT
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s IT Discipline is packed with challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining global infrastructure that supports the organization’s growth. As IT Administrators and Engineers, we have deep knowledge in specific areas of expertise and strive to provide excellent standards of service for Riot’s operations. We relish the opportunity to work with new product teams and tech stacks, and explore new solutions to improve the Riot digital workplace and surprise and delight our players.
As a Senior Atlassian Developer you will join a technical team building, automating and supporting all things Atlassian at Riot Games. You will interact directly with our users and management to understand their requirements and solve problems by building and deploying new features and customizations in Confluence and Jira. You will be a core member of a multi-functional Atlassian team collaborating to develop custom user macros, ScriptRunner behaviors and robust solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Develop and deploy ScriptRunner behaviors, conditions, post functions, REST endpoints and workflow scripts
- Build and maintain custom user macros for Confluence/internal add-ons for Jira to solve unique business needs
- Partner with development and product managers on game teams in order to understand use cases, draft user stories and develop effective and sustainable solutions
- Author RFCs to get feedback on technical designs and generate shared standards of practice among the Riot software engineering discipline
- Write unit/functional/integration tests to ensure code is effective and resilient
- Keep your craft sharp by tinkering with technology, attending conferences, reading tech blogs, and participating in the community
- Provide thought leadership and work with teams across the company to drive adoption of standard methodologies and elevate understanding of Atlassian suite capabilities
- Work closely with admin and systems teams to implement robust application monitoring and optimize hardware, software and network systems
- Coordinate, manage and respond to support requests
- Keep Confluence and Jira healthy by understanding how integrations, modifications and extensions impact performance, scalability and day-to-day administration
- Author and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks
- Participate in on-call rotation and triage live issues as necessary
- Deep understanding of ScriptRunner, including behaviors, conditions, post functions, REST endpoints, script fragments, script listeners, validators and workflow scripts
- Familiar and comfortable utilizing the Script Console to bulk update Jira issues
- Ability to develop and deploy custom add-ons for Confluence and Jira
- Extensive experience integrating Confluence and Jira with non-Atlassian applications such as G Suite, GitHub, Slack using REST APIs
- Experience building custom user macros, especially those which integrate content from Jira and other third-party applications
- Proficiency with SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Good communication and partnering skills with both technical and non-technical users: you dig deep in conversations with other teams to uncover their fundamental needs, getting to the root of the problem in order to provide a sustainable solution
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Atlassian certification
- Experience administering, configuring and maintaining Atlassian applications in a large, multi-methodology organization
- Knowledge of Jira Service Desk, including automating Confluence documentation integration and configuring dynamic SLA policies
- Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies and practices, including Kanban, Scrum, etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of basic concepts within Atlassian applications (e.g. schemes, spaces, workflows, etc.)
Don’t forget to include a resume and unique cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice an original, well-written intro that shows us you’re aligned to our values.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).