Esports Publishing Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Publishing Lead, you will drive our marketing campaigns, content production, PR, Branding, off-line events and community efforts for multiple products of LCK across one portfolio. You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with fans and league partners to the next level. You are eager to design marketing campaigns that genuinely engage fans and inspire them to dive into Esports. You spell team with 'we'.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experienced : You have at least a bachelor's degree and 10+years’ experience working in brand marketing, publishing and content across a portfolio of games, sports and creative products and services
- Hardcore gamer and sports enthusiast : Your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and sports offline and online, you're an avid fan of LoL Esports, and take play seriously
- A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into clear message
- A proven multi-tasker : You’re able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- A problem solver : When run into complex business problems, you are always ready to fix them. You are able to assess the problem, find a creative and effective solution, and employ the necessary tools and tactics to quickly resolve the situation.
- An avid learner : You are always hungry to learn new things. In the Esports market, where things are changing very fast, you are able to not only keep up with the new trends, but also possess the skill sets to apply the lessons learned.
- Bilingual : You can converse fluently in both Korean and English
- Conduct market research and build strategy plans in order to grow LCK presence to global players
- Work with the KR esports leadership to evaluate and advocate new programs and campaigns that increase and amplify LCK brand
- You will use best-in-class agencies and run a small and nimble team with tight deadlines and constraints to craft effective and exciting go to market strategies
- As part of the go to market plans you will define our Esports journey for our products, LCK - where do players consume the product, how will players acquire, how will they socialize
- Establish and use KPIs to help us hand-craft marketing solutions that delight Esports fans
- Always put the player-experience first. You will ensure that we are communicating to Players via CRM and other marketing campaigns at the right frequency and saying the right things to maintain the channel’s health
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.