Esports Business Development Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Business Development Lead, you'll help shape and grow the ecosystem of Riot Esports. You excel at strategic planning, deal sourcing and negotiation, partner management, and overcoming obstacles in a fast-paced environment. Your analytical skills will assess new business ventures, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help drive deals to completion.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experienced : A passionate business developer with an established track record (+10 years) of successfully structuring, negotiating and closing deals with industry partners in the entertainment or sports industry in business development or strategy consulting
- A strategic thinker; your foresight is 20/20, enabling you to get a jump on future trends and shifts; you anticipate consequences, creating breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Hardcore gamer and sports enthusiast : Your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and sports offline and online, you're an avid fan of LoL Esports, and take play seriously
- A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you’re able to convert a large amount of information and data into clear message
- A proven multi-tasker : You’re able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- A problem solver : When run into complex business problems, you are always ready to fix them. You are able to assess the problem, find a creative and effective solution, and employ the necessary tools and tactics to quickly resolve the situation.
- An avid learner : You are always hungry to learn new things. In the Esports market, where things are changing very fast, you are able to not only keep up with the new trends, but also possess the skill sets to apply the lessons learned.
- Bilingual : You can converse fluently in both Korean and English
- Manage our media/broadcasting platform partner relationships from contract management to partner activation, project collaboration, and on-call support to ensure our products are successfully delivered to the players
- Perform analysis on the rapidly evolving Esports market, providing insights on LoL Esports viewership, business opportunities, and Esports product development to the team
- Build strategy and execute KR Esports digital product launching & operation (old & new digital products involving ad revenue share, data, in-game IP, etc.) on our partner channels
- Support high-level strategy formulation and develop and execute initiatives to deliver the results
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.