Global Mobility Manager
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As the Global Mobility Manager, you will lead and manage the Global Mobility team for Riot. The Global Mobility team provides relocation and immigration strategic services to the People function, Talent Acquisition, business leadership and other internal partners, to enable the movement of talent within the US and globally. In addition, Global Mobility supports employees and their families by providing full end-to-end services.
In this role, you will be expected to conduct a top-to-bottom assessment of all of our programs, services, and vendors. In addition, we see this role driving the centralization of the mobility program across the world, evaluating how the team best supports Esports, along with assisting in the development of Total Rewards strategies.
- Lead the mobility team in developing, maintaining, governing and delivering global mobility programs, processes and policies.
- Lead consulting and service delivery to ensure an integrated and seamless customer experience.
- Provide direction on complex issues, policy exceptions and service any critical issues.
- Manage the individuals delivering Global Mobility services and provide mentorship and feedback to assist in their development.
- Define and maintain the strategic goals that support Riot’s objectives as it relates to Global Mobility, while also ensuring compliance with legal, tax and local employment.
- Integrate customer insight and internal partner feedback while actively addressing external market forces.
- Build and maintain tight-knit collaboration with Talent leadership and other key internal partners to support to understand the current and future needs of the business.
- Identify, design and drive cross-team projects to address opportunities to level-up Riot’s Global Mobility programs.
- Maintain a strong pulse on current market trends to ensure Riot’s program is ambitious, compliant, cost-effective and infuses standard methodologies into service offerings and technologies.
- Partner with Talent Management and Recruiting leadership to understand and maintain a current forecast of global mobility needs.
- Own special or rare cases (e.g., Execs)
- 5-8 years of relevant global mobility and expatriate experience
- Previous experience leading a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to roll-out a company-wide program
- Evidenced capabilities to interpret business strategy into program strategy
- Ability to organize and analyze data, including presentation materials and communications pieces
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).