Director of HR Business Partners - International
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As Director, HR Business Partner - International, you’ll guide and influence the Head of International and Managing Directors to make better business and people related decisions, including employment decisions, talent assessment, workforce planning, compensation, organizational design, succession planning, change management, across multiple products. Having International experience is a prerequisite for this role and you may be expected to travel on occasion. Part of this role will also be the conduit to ensure that People initiatives are rolled out consistently across the world, embedding processes to ensure fairness., doing global program roll out.
Organization and Talent Development
- Talent reviews (gaps, development plans, promotions, thoughtful mobility) and succession reviews
- Performance Management (process, training, standards, calibration, tied to business results, accountability, PIPs)
- Rioter retention
- Leadership onboarding
- Rioter engagement (GRS, identifying and resolving issues impacting engagement)
- Manager development and effectiveness (training, coaching, feedback, accountability)
- Change management models/plans (org changes, culture, D&I, alignment, capability)
- Participate and advise on search strategies for key open positions; drive leadership accountability in the hiring process
- Screen/interview key and leadership position candidates
- Align on the screening/interview process and questions. Train on interview skills
- Analytics (people metrics/KPIs)
- Workforce planning (in partnership with leadership, Finance, and Recruiting)
- Staffing plans (tied to headcount plans)
- Advise on Talent policies/guidelines
- Demonstrate growth, mentorship, and consultative skills in guiding senior leaders through complex organizational challenges
- Be a feedback mechanism to Central People on programs and processes
- Respond to Rioter and manager People related questions/issues (comp, benefits, accommodations, L&D, immigration); liaison with Central People when needed.
- Internal mobility (transfers, international moves)
- Conduct investigations and manage conflict resolution
- Manager and Rioter performance issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, other relevant fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 12+ years of experience in an HR generalist/business partner/manager role with demonstrated job progression, 4+ years leading and developing people
- PHR or SPHR preferred but not required
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.