Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Community Manager, you will act as a bridge between Players and Riot regarding all gameplay communication efforts. You will proactively deliver our thoughts on gameplay and changes we make for our players with meaningful context. You will be responsible for monitoring the discussion among players regarding gameplay, collect their feedback, and relay to stakeholders within Riot to make meaningful changes that will benefit the players and the game itself. You will also create plans and come up with strategies to increase the activity and usefulness of game communities.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experienced: you ideally have 3+ years of related experience or deep knowledge in game community.
- English speaker (Bilingual): you are fluent in Korean and English with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- A community-focused gamer: as a core gamer, you are already chest-deep in the community, and your player-focused mentality drives your concerns as well as all the communication efforts.
- Player-focused: you are a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of gaming in Korea; you are ready to put your extensive gaming experience and are skilled at gameplay itself to some level.
- Crazy for games: one thing you would love to do when you have time is playing games. You are deeply engaged in playing games of various genres (e.g. Simulation, Strategy, MOBA, RPG, TCG and others), and should possess in-depth knowledge about game development as well as the overall elements that surround a game. (e.g. lore, art, game music etc)
- An idea accelerator: you are able to suggest new ways to vitalize the community. You are able to think of brilliant plans related to player satisfaction that can be executed in a pragmatic way.
- Influencer marketing
- Develop influencer content strategy, provide appropriate assets to influencers, and schedule content release term to reach out to wider audiences.
- Follow influencer broadcasts and directly give feedback on both positive and negative sides for higher quality outcome.
- Search and contact new influencers who can create virals on our product, and keep good relationships to make them become our key influencers.
- Create short and long term plans, come up with strategies for the initial setup, and increase the activity and usefulness of influencer streaming channels such as Twitch and YouTube.
- Social media marketing
- Create strategies to manage our official product page on Facebook and make detailed plans to execute them.
- Collaborate with internal teams and third-party partners to develop appropriate assets to post on the page.
- Player facing communication
- Deliver and describe in detail about the game features and changes within the products of Riot.
- Initiate productive discussion and conversation with players in social media and game communities.
- Collect questions and feedback from players, and answer in detail after discussing with key developers in Riot.
- Create patch note contents and lead overall player communications.
- Devise and implement strategies for community growth
- Create short and long term plans, come up with strategies for the initial setup, and increase the activity and usefulness of game communities.
- Collaborate with internal teams and third-party partners to provide a better experience to players who visit our communities.
- Identify and manage imminent issues within the communities. Design and implement a plan to resolve the issues.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.