Senior UX Designer - Unpublished Fighting Game
As a UX Designer, you'll be responsible for the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. Your work will include end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You'll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
As a Senior User Experience Designer for Project L, you'll design player-facing experiences for our new Fighting Game, focusing on meta- and out-of-game experiences. Reporting to the UX Lead for the project, you will focus on multiple areas, and will have a high level of independent initiative to balance UX priorities across the workstreams. You are an adept storyteller, able to present the player experience to members of your team. You have a deep desire to understand the motivations of the fighting game community (FGC) and represent them in your designs.
- Lead UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to stakeholders in a clear manner
- Deliver appropriate UX design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, Information Architectures (IAs), flows, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes)
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experience), making appropriate trade-offs between fidelity and functionality
- Establish experiential quality metrics and interaction consistency across player-facing systems
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
- Minimum 5 years industry experience, having led significant portions of the UX of at least two shipped game titles or major releases of consumer-facing digital products
- Experience designing interfaces on PC and Console, with strong understanding of interaction modalities across controller, keyboard, and mouse
- High-level UI prototyping skills, using tools
- Experience designing both in-game and meta-level UX systems
- Comfortable planning and estimating UX effort for projects
- Comfortable switching between design strategy, micro- and macro-level interaction design, and design execution, and taking on roles outside of traditional design, including product management
- Visual design, including motion graphics experience
- Experience with focus-based interaction models
- Experience implementing UI using contemporary game engines, such as Unreal or Unity
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).