Director of Diversity & Inclusion and Talent Acquisition Operations
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) team is amplifying diverse voices and fostering an inclusive environment across Riot. Riot’s mission is to be the most player focused gaming company in the world. In order to achieve our mission, we must reflect the ideas, experiences and backgrounds of our players. Our D&I organization enables our mission by attracting outstanding talent and ensuring every Rioter has experiences that enable them to do their best work.
As Director of D&I and Talent Acquisition Operations, you will act as“right hand” to the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and Talent Acquisition (TA) Leader in driving strategies that attract and retain the best talent in our industry. As a key partner, you will help define and lead short and long term vision, strategy and goals for D&I and TA functions. You will be responsible for driving the most critical initiatives with efficiency and speed, while maintaining the operational rhythm of the business. You will also be expected to quickly and efficiently organize the flow of priorities coming to the CDO’s office, and from the Talent Acquisition team.
- Partner with the CDO & Talent Acquisition leader to drive alignment around strategic initiatives, formulate a roadmap for execution, ensure alignment with stated goals, and monitor progress.
- Identify and measure key performance indicators that drive progress and results.
- Lead and run D&I and TA strategic operations.
- Lead transformation and change management initiatives within D&I and TA.
- Build a successful and healthy organization: review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes.
- Ensure that key diversity and talent initiatives, including those that are linked to critical metrics, are on track.
- Ensure weekly priorities are set and maintained, including adjusting schedules and meetings to protect stated priorities.
- Drive a strong, cross-departmental agenda of accountability, execution, and delivery.
- Work alongside finance and operations to effectively track performance to critical metrics.
- Build clear metrics and dashboards for D&I and TA functions, and monitor progress.
- Identify and tackle ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing key initiatives, and closing the gaps in business and operations.
- Work hand in hand with colleagues on the Diversity, People, and leaders from across the organization to drive various initiatives.
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences, including crafting highly compelling presentations for company-wide meetings and speaking engagements.
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop annual company-wide and team D&I and TA plans, including metrics to be updated and presented quarterly.
- Facilitate critical meetings and discussions ensuring groups are working on the right things at the right time by having a strong pulse on the organization and implementing effective feedback loops.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a progressive D&I, TA and/or Human Resources capacity in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- At least 4 years of project management experience with an emphasis on diversity combined with either human resources, recruiting, operations or product management
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success
- Proven experience crafting and leading strategic planning
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Business Administration and/or HR
- Prior experience leading a small team
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).”