VO Designer - Unpublished R&D Product (Contract)
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering an immersive experience for a global audience while also collaborating on new games gives our Audio discipline exciting and complex problems to solve. The Audio Team at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We also are always working to level up our team & techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
As a VO Designer (Contractor), for a 12-month term of service, your technical and creative skills will bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. You will provide support to a multi-disciplinary team of writers, sound designers, game designers, and producers, participating in all phases of the VO pipeline. Additionally, using your passion, creativity, and critical thinking, you will provide context to help inform team decisions.
Our Research & Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. As a VO Designer for the Research & Development team, you will help them bring new games to life. Our goal is to ultimately craft worldwide games that are generational and give our players rare experiences.
- Record temp VO sessions
- Regularly work with and provide feedback to external vendors
- Check edited and mastered VO files against specifications
- Verify naming conventions for large numbers of VO files
- Work with Narrative and Audio teams to integrate VO in game
- Fix general VO bugs
- 2-3 years of experience with VO recording, editing, mastering, and implementation for games
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates
- Ability to stay highly organized
- Ability to work autonomously and drive to improve systems for efficiency
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).