Technical Product Manager - League of Legends: Reliability
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As the Technical Product Manager for Reliability Engineering on League of Legends, you will report directly into the Technical Product Manager for League: Sustainability. You will be driving and leading one of Riot’s key strategic priorities: improving our ability to reliably and efficiently operate League of Legends so that we can deliver high-quality experiences to our tens of millions of players in China and the rest of the world.
The Reliability Engineering team is focused on building processes and tools to make the back-end services of League of Legends easier to operate. This includes deployment systems, telemetry systems, and reporting tools. As the leader of the Reliability Engineering team, you will be helping to set and drive development standards across League of Legends, with a particular focus on ensuring that we are delivering high-quality to our Chinese players and our partner Tencent.
League of Legends operates at a global scale, and we have a lot of hard and interesting challenges operating at that scale. Come help us solve them!
- Own the problem space of reliability for League of Legends worldwide
- Partner with Insights team to understand our player pain around operational quality
- Forecast, measure, and achieve improvements improvements to the operational quality of LoL for our players and developers
- Collaborate with teams across Riot and Tencent in both LA and China
- Be the expert for League of Legends data, business constraints, and industry practice supporting world scale services reliability
- Drive adoption of SLAs across League development teams
- Establish and run rituals across Riot and Tencent to ensure that operational targets are monitored and met
- Work across LoL to create understanding and create systematic operational improvements
- Lead and manage process for the Reliability Engineering team
- Establish the roadmap for the Reliability Engineering team
- Manage and inform partners in both Riot and Tencent
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with DevOps, Infrastructure Operations or SRE
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, and communication
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Broad understanding of operational and development challenges
- Worked with and led agile teams
- Engineering background, particularly in services, operations, or infrastructure
- Experience with systems/services that operate at global scale
- Ability to occasionally travel to China or other regions where we operate
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.