Community Manager, UK & Nordics - Publishing
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
To support our growth and nurture relationships within the UK and Nordics communities, we need a player-focused, social-savvy Community Manager to engage with our players - someone who translates dev talk into Discord chat, global strategy into local activation, and events into engagement.
As Community Manager, you'll work to improve communication between Riot and the League of Legends community. Our passionate community is thoughtful, diverse, and they have a keen sense of what's right and wrong. You'll work with Rioters across the company to help translate our global and local vision into a conversation players see, understand, and want to advocate for. You're not a typical PR person and you aren't interested in spin - you communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic.
As a London Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters committed to striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritisation of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. The UK needs a publishing revolution: you will achieve unique player experiences that show UK players they aren't lost in translation.
- Strategic: the challenges of communicating for an internationally published game are global in scope; your culturally-aware and player-focused answers are informed by your ability to study problems from all angles to get the right outcome for players
- Collaborative: you relish a brainstorm, level-up through constructive criticism and positive feedback, and work across local and global teams to get the best outcome
- Data-hungry: you know how to translate what players are saying into data-informed strategies and solutions that help us promote player engagement, awareness and trust
- Experienced: you have at least three years’ experience in community management, PR, journalism, or related fields in a community or player-facing role
- A gamer through and through: you know and love League of Legends, and can speak to the latest pro strats in ranked games - you avidly follow game developments across all Riot's news channels and know your Sions from your Sonas
- Persuasive: you've got the unique capability to listen to angry mobs and see past the words they use into what’s got them fired up - you’re also a dab hand at messaging the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Genuine: you don’t hide behind pretty words or bluster your way through bad news - you have a bulletproof command of the English language, and choose your words carefully to convey the message we want players to understand
- Perceptive: you're a player yourself and part of the League of Legends community, so you know (more or less) how players are going to react to announcements, decisions, or game features; you'll use your insight to help us navigate choppy waters and finely tune messaging to address player perspectives
- Engage with players where they are (platforms, channels, boards, events) - advocating for them and helping us drive player-focused changes to share with game teams
- Be the face of Riot to empower our players to connect, contribute, and celebrate - be there for their joys, triumphs, challenges, emergencies and everything in between
- Create and execute measurable social media campaigns to grow channels, increase positive engagement, and improve channel health
- Lead strategy for community projects from beginning to end (KPIs, tactics, postmortem, etc.), and support community activity including contests, local events, cosplay meet-ups etc.
- Achieve the best possible value for our players using global assets, local creative, and community created content that resonates and disrupts
- Lead Individual contributors and volunteers by listening to and supporting them to help us advocate for our games and grow our community through non-Riot-led activities
- Partner with regional and global publishing teams to oversee and promote messaging and communication plans to help us reach, engage, educate, entertain, and inspire our players
- Develop tools, programs, and training that help Rioters engage with the League of Legends community in a constructive and effective way - advising the team on player sentiment, needs, behaviours, and trends
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.